Are you worried that the deer might not have enough food to eat during the winter? Do you want to entice them to come into your yard? Do you have a specific location in mind? Whether you are a photographer, or simply a homeowner who wants deer in your yard, a deer feeder is something that will help you achieve your goals.
A deer feeder comes in different sizes and shapes. Basic feeders distribute a food mixture for the wildlife. They vary mostly because of the design. Some have features like programmable LED timers, while others distribute the feed through gravity.
Deer feeders come at varying costs that range from under $100 to more than $1,000. Choose something that is of good quality so that it will be a good investment.
What kind of deer feeder are you looking for? One important factor to consider is the durability. The feeder should be made with strong materials that withstand damage, shocks, and weather. It should be stable on the spot you chose to place it.
Another factor is how it distributes the feed—do you want to schedule it to release food a few times a day, or simply make the feed available to the deer at any time?
If you want something that does not require a power source or any features that have to be programmed, one is suitable for your need: the Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder. It is one of the best-selling feeders that will give you value for the money you spend on it. Learn more about this product below.
Features of Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder
- The Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder is made with an ultraviolet-stabilized polyethylene container without any mechanical parts that might get broken. Therefore, this kind of feeder stands even in harsh weather conditions
- It makes the feed available at any time. The Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder has four adjustable feeding ports that enable you to regulate the flow of the feed
- The Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder can hold up to 300 pounds of deer food mix. It provides enough food for the deer without requiring you to regularly refill it
- The deer will simply find it easy to use. It has a middle pole design that does not have any obstacles. Each food port also has a closed waterproof overlapping door to keep the feed fresh
- The Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder is easy to install. Simply dig a 3’ hole in the ground to support an 8’ 4” x 4” pole. It can also be set up on fence post, tree, or any stable posts
Pros and cons
Just like any other products the Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder comes with pros and cons, but unlike others, it has more pros than cons. The following are a list of the pros and cons that are worth noting.
- No mechanical parts
- Withstands weather
- Keeps food fresh
- Large capacity
- Easy to mount
- Adjustable feed ports
- Easy to install
- No batteries needed
- Well built
The Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder is an almost perfect deer feeder, except with one flaw: Raccoons and squirrels can feed on it
There is only one flaw of Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder: the raccoons and squirrels might also feed on it. It does not have any protecting covering that will keep other wildlife away from it. But other than this, the feeder has more advantages.
The Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder provides a long-term food supply for the deer. It has a capacity of up to 300 lbs. that provides feed for longer time; you won’t have to constantly refill it. It has 4 adjustable ports that allow you to control the amount of feed.
When it comes to construction, the Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder is built with a UV-stabilized polyethylene container that withstands any weather condition. Each food port has waterproof overlapping doors to keep the food fresh and free from unwanted elements.
The Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder is easy to mount. It can be installed on a 4”x4” post, tree, or fence. It does not require batteries or any other power source. Many customers are happy with their purchase: They say that Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder is well built, durable, and reliable.
It might have one flaw but overall, this Banks Outdoors Feed Bank Gravity Feeder is a pretty good investment for deer lovers. Buy one now and the deer will appreciate you.