Deer are not picky eaters; they eat nuts, fruit, barks, twigs, leaves, and other vegetation. They are herbivores that are usually more active at night. They do not stay in one spot for a long period of time; they are always in motion. This is why they are difficult to find and observe.
For hunters, deer are a difficult target. For photographers, deer are difficult to find in one place long enough to set up any equipment. For homeowners, deer can be either a pet or a crop destroyer.
Whichever category, one useful device is a deer feeder. A deer feeder provides food for the deer, and they are used for different purposes to entice deer to stay longer in one spot.
Whatever your purpose, it is important to choose a durable, cost effective feeder. It should be constructed with strong materials that will protect internal components. It should withstand tough weather conditions and damage. The feeder should also prevent food wastage; it should keep the food off the ground.
Making a wrong choice of deer feeder is a waste of money. Deer feeders cost quite a lot, but it can be a good investment if you buy the right one. Feeders can be an attachment or an entire container with food ports. Feeder attachments are good buys because they are more affordable and have more useful features.
One good example of a best-selling feeder attachment is the JKL Outdoors Spyder Deer and Wildlife Gravity Feeder Attachment. Learn more about it by reading its features, pros, and cons below.
Features of JKL Outdoors Spyder Deer and Wildlife Gravity Feeder Attachment
- The JKL Outdoors Spyder Deer and Wildlife Gravity Feeder Attachment features unique patented spring loaded feeder trays from which deer can freely eat. You do not have to throw the feed on the ground. which can be cause food wastage
- With pressure caused by the deer when they feed, the storage container opens making the food flow to the trays. When the deer stops putting pressure on it, the food stops flowing as well. This mechanical feature prevents food from being wasted
- The pressure on the spring and the space that the feeder tray moves to is adjustable. To adjust, simply turn the screw according to the amount of pressure or space you wish
- As an attachment, it can be easily mounted to most buckets, drums, barrels, and other food containers
- The feeder trays are pointed at appropriate angel that prevents rain water to get to the food and flow directly at the back
- The JKL Outdoors Spyder Deer and Wildlife Gravity Feeder Attachment is lightweight and durable. The design is unique among other feeders and is 100% made in the US
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the JKL Outdoors Spyder Deer and Wildlife Gravity Feeder Attachment? Let us take a look at the following lists of pros and cons to determine if it is really worth buying.
- Does not require batteries
- Prevents wasted food
- Compatible with many food storage containers
- Spring loaded
- Keeps water off the tray
- 100% made in the US
- State-of-the-art design
- Adjustable spring tension
- No timer
- Not programmable
Deer feeders are useful tools to attract deer and conserve way of feeding them. Deer are not picky eaters but food is scarce during the winter. If you have pet deer or want to observe wildlife, this feeder is reliable. Instead of scattering food on the grounds, the feeder guarantees no food wastage.
One high-quality feeder attachment is the JKL Outdoors Spyder Deer and Wildlife Gravity Feeder Attachment. It is made with a unique innovative design that is 100% made in the US. It has spring loaded feeder trays that release food when the deer put pressure on it. Each tray is angled in a way that redirects rainwater to the back of the tray.
Many users are pleased with JKL Outdoors Spyder Deer and Wildlife Gravity Feeder Attachment. They say it is durable, reliable, lightweight, and easily attaches to most food containers. It does not require a power source such as batteries or a motor. The spring tension is adjustable too.
The JKL Outdoors Spyder Deer and Wildlife Gravity Feeder Attachment is a very useful tool to feed the deer and prevent any food wastage which may cause additional costs. It is one of the most cost-effective feeder attachments on the market today.