Over the years, game hunters have looked hard to find new and better ways to hunt their prey, even using technology to shape better hunting rifles and bullets, as well as coming up with better camouflage designs. Another way that hunters have upgraded their game is through the use of game cameras, like the RainbowDay Deer Camera Trail Camera, that is strategically placed around the hunting area.
Trail cameras can help identify deer trails and determine their behavior, especially at night when you cannot observe or see them. This is especially beneficial for large areas with a sizeable game population as it can tell you what kind of prey is available for the taking.
Most trail cameras work using infrared sensors which automatically activates the camera’s triggers and capture whatever has passed in front of it. A number of hunters would leave cameras alone for a few days and come back to check for game pattern and population.
RainbowDay Deer Camera Trail Camera Features
Quite a number of trail cameras come with nondescript features and colorings which allow them to blend in the general environment. The RainbowDay Deer Camera Trail Camera is one fine example of a hunting camera that has a camouflage coloring. Not only does the RainbowDay have that desirable coloring, but it also has the following features:
- Picture Quality – the RainbowDay camera comes with a 16-megapixel lens that takes brightly colored day pictures and high-contrast grayscale pictures at night. The effective range of the HD lens is 20 meters.
- Video Capability – this camera also has a video recording capability of up to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the storage installed while it is recording. Videos taken with this camera comes out at 1080 full HD resolution.
- Audio Recording – this trail camera also has a built-in microphone that does record the sounds at night, especially that of animals which will be a great addition to your already robust data of pictures and video.
- Trigger Speed – the trigger speed of the RainbowDay trail camera clocks in at around 0.2 seconds, which is one of the fastest there is. This speed ensures that images and videos are captured as soon as movement is detected within its range.
- Detection Range – the trigger has an effective distance of 65 feet, and its 3 PIR design gives it a sensing angle reach of 120 degrees, providing it with a wide range to detect motion in.
- Infrared Technology – the RainbowDay camera has 46 built-in 850nm invisible IR LEDs with a fully automatic IR filter and a low glow red flash. This provides you with great images and videos without having to produce the bright flash that can startle animals and shoo them away.
- User Interface – this trail camera features a 2.4 inch LCD screen that lets you scroll through the pictures without having to connect it to a laptop or desktop computer. This screen also lets you toggle the menu and change the settings as needed.
- Modes – the RainbowDay comes with different modes like time lapse, full video, image only, interval shooting and even burst mode. You can also have it record the time-stamp of when it took the pictures as well as the moon phases and temperature at the time of the trigger.
- Storage – this trail camera can be inserted with a TF card, Class 6 and above with a maximum capacity of 32GB. It also comes with a mini USB port so you can connect it to a computer and transfer your pictures for a larger viewing experience.
- Mounting Options – this camera comes with a mounting strap as well as a wall mount and some screws so you can affix it to any tree in your hunting area or any fixed wall around your house if you want to.
- Power Source – four AA batteries need to power this trail camera, although it can hold up to eight AA batteries for maximum power. An external power supply can also be mounted as backup or main, depending on your preference.
- Waterproof – this trail camera comes with an IP56 waterproof rating which protects your camera from the outside elements, especially since you will be leaving it on its own for extended periods.
- High-Quality Photos – this trail camera takes acceptable photos in any mode and provides clear and detailed pictures each time.
- Easy To Set-up and Use – mounting this trail camera is very easy, especially if using python mounting cords. It is also very easy to set-up, just point it in the direction that you want to set the triggers, and off you go.
- Small and Unnoticeable – the small size of the RainbowDay is an advantage as it is hardly noticeable to human eyes, which also makes it less susceptible to theft and intentional damage. The camouflage coloring also lets it blend into the foliage so it is hidden from animals.
- Waterproof – the high waterproof rating of this trail camera means that you don’t have to purchase or build a camera housing to protect it from the elements.
- Short Battery Life – the Rainbow day can take up to eight AA batteries, and although it can last up to eight months in standby mode, that would only last about two weeks during full operation. It is recommended that you use high-quality, long-lasting lithium batteries or rechargeable ones for long battery life.
The RainbowDay trail camera is an excellent addition to a hunter’s or outdoor enthusiasts arsenal, with its versatile features and its ability to blend with the surroundings. The very low, red flash and the invisible IR LEDs combined with the 16MP CMOS lens gives you great quality images and videos, both day and night.
The waterproof casing and the 2.4 inch LCD screen allows you to manage the trail camera without having to open any prefabricated housing and what not. The exterior casing can also be locked to seal the LCD screen and prevent any damage to it.
The AUCEE Tracker Trail Camera comes close to the features that the RainbowDay has with the same number of IR LEDs and the same detection ranges, as well as the same number of modes. The waterproof rating and quality of pictures are what give RainbowDay camera the edge over AUCEE though. While the AUCEE camera has an IP56 rating, this is only for water-resistance which is very different from waterproofing. The output is also quite different with the RainbowDay providing less granular images and more contrast with its night time pictures.
Verdict on the RainbowDay Deer Camera Trail Camera
With its great features and high versatility, the RainbowDay Deer Camera Trail Camera is on a league of its own. This super affordable model is small enough to hide from being seen, is easy to set up, provides high quality images and is waterproof as well. Make sure to place it facing known game trails and place it in a nondescript location for more effective use of this great hunting camera. We highly recommend this choice as one the best trail camera brands available today on the market.
You might also like this: Artitan Trail Camera for High-Quality and Quick Image Capture