Zenature’s Deer and Livestock Feeder isn’t expensive at all, and that’s understandable when you first get a look at it. Some detractors may call it a toy because of its simplicity, but it uses a basic design that’s been proven to work.
It has a classic setup, and its appearance is quite classy as well. Buy several of these if you’re intent on feeding deer in your area, and they should work.
Features of Deer and Livestock Feeder by Zenature
Let’s take a look at the features that make this Zenature feeder special:
- It is made entirely of wood, and there aren’t any metal parts in it. To be more specific, it’s made of white pine wood that offers a very natural and clean appearance. The wood looks great, and some people use this for their herb gardens instead.
- It measures just 24 inches long and 16.5 inches wide, with a height of 17.8 inches. It can hold about 20 to 25 pounds of food with no problem. You can buy a 40-pound bag of corn for the deer in your area, and you can fill the feeder twice.
- The design offers the standard trough setup, with a cross of wooden panels on each side of the through. The bottom part of the panel acts as the legs of the feeder, while the upper portion is made to act as the container for your feed. It really is that simple. It’s low enough so that deer can take the food in the trough with no problem, and it can work as a feeder for goats, horses, and your other livestock.
- You will have to assemble this yourself, and the lack of metal parts can make it a challenge if you don’t really know what you’re doing. You need to be very careful, just take your time and assemble one piece at a time.
- It comes with a removable bottom, and that makes it much easier to clean. There’s very little you have to do as far as maintenance, as the white pine wood doesn’t really need a lot of special upkeep. It’s also completely made in the US, so you can be assured that the people practiced proper quality control before this product was made available to the public.
There are quite a few good reasons why plenty of people like their Zenature deer and livestock feeder.
- It works very well as a deer feeder. It’s just the right size and height for the deer to reach inside. The smell of the wood is also very natural, so the deer are reassured and works as a great deer attractant. Many owners who have used this thing have reported that deer came to investigate the feeder and feed on it very shortly after the assembly and the filling in of food. It just works.
- It’s also versatile. It can be used as a feeder for all types of livestock, including hogs, horses, and goats. You can also use this as a planter in your garden. In fact, if you want, you can just use this in a condo as a storage place for magazines and other knickknacks. You can put it in your kitchen as a storage place for spices and other stuff as well. For parties, you can fill it up with ice so you can keep your soda and beer cans cold.
- Even if you do use this outdoors, where it was meant to be used, it will last for a very long time. The wood is extremely durable and tough, so you can expect it to last for years. It also stands up well and doesn’t tip over even when the deer get a bit frisky.
- Cleaning it isn’t a problem, either. The detachable bottom makes it easy to get rid of the old stuff inside.
- It looks fantastic. It makes your deer feeder station, your garden, your patio, or even your indoor space look great.
It’s not perfect.
- Perhaps the main problem is the assembly. It’s not that it’s super-difficult, but it can take some time. The instructions may not be clear for some folks, but read through them a few time before you begin.
- Even when you know where the pieces are supposed to go, it can take a lot of effort to get the pegs through the holes. In some cases, the predrilled holes have to be widened with a bit of additional drilling to get things done.
Deer and Livestock Feeder by Zenature is an excellent deer feeder, and its simplicity is what makes it work. It uses a classic and proven design, and there are no unnecessary complicated parts. It works well and will work for a long time. Throw in the fact that you can use this in so many ways, and it’s pretty clear that this Deer and Livestock Feeder by Zenature is a winner.
See Also: How to Attract Deer to Your Feeder