One of the rules of buying a deer feeder is that you need the right size of feed container so that you don’t have to refill the unit too often. So, you have to pick the right size of feeder container for the number of deer you want to support.
However, you can pick any size of grain container and match it with the American Hunter Sun Slinger Directional Feeder Kit 30580.
The American Hunter Sun Slinger Directional Feeder Kit 30580 works with any grain container, and you can just attach your container to this product. This is a feed dispenser with a timer, and it comes with digital controls. It disperses the feed along the ground so that the deer in your area can find your feeder more easily.
Features of the American Hunter Sun Slinger Directional Feeder Kit 30580
Let’s take a look at its impressive features:
- It comes with its set of mounting brackets and self-tapping screws so you don’t really need tools to set it up.
- The timer doesn’t use dials. Instead, in front of the gadget there’s an “easy touch” digital timer that lets you enter the schedule you want.
- This timer gives you lots of options to choose from. First, you can pick the days of the week that you want it to operate. Then, you can pick the particular time of day that you want it to operate. You can set it up to disperse the food once a day or up to 16 times a day. Finally you can determine how long each feeding period lasts. You can set it up so that it spreads the corn (or the protein pellets) for up to 30 seconds.
- It is powered by a 6-volt rechargeable battery, which can last a very long time. This is especially true when you use a solar panel to recharge the battery. This unit comes with a built-in solar charger, so that shouldn’t be too troublesome.
- The “slinging power” of the motor here is quite impressive. It can send the food out a distance of 15 feet.
The American Hunter Sun Slinger has a lot of fans online singing its praises, and we can add our voice as well.
- The easy setup is quite a relief, as there are numerous deer feeders that are frankly too troublesome to assemble and mount. Some of these models aren’t really well-designed, so the different parts don’t fit together very well. Others require a lot of care and effort. With this product, the setup is very simple and easy. The instructions are very clear and you have all the mounting hardware you need.
- Setting up the schedule is also quite easy. It may seem complicated at first, but that’s only because you have so many options to choose from. You have to decide the days, times, and duration of each feed dispersal time. For that, you may want to install a trail camera so you can find out when the deer come to the feeder. You can also count how many of them there are to determine the duration of the feed time.
- It’s great that the motor of the deer feeder is powerful enough to send the feed up to 15 feet away. This lets you feed more deer at once, without them getting too congested and bumping into each other. Such close contact can lead to frayed nerves and fights that can lead to injuries.
- The long-lasting battery with the solar charger is also quite convenient. All you need is a solar panel and this will run for a long time without any need to change or recharge batteries.
- It doesn’t need a lot of maintenance, either. There’s really nothing to take care of. All you need to do is to set the schedule, refill the feed and that’s it. Once you figure out the right schedule, you can get a large container so that you don’t have to fiddle with the deer feeder too frequently.
- The design of the American Hunter Sun Slinger is rather unique, and that’s not always a good thing. This means that you can’t set this up with a standard varmint guard to keep the squirrels and raccoons away. You have to build your own varmint guard for it, though that shouldn’t be too hard.
Aside from the need to build your own varmint guard, this is quite a terrific choice for a deer feeder. The automated functions work flawlessly, and it’s built to withstand the elements nicely. It’s also easy to set up your schedule, while the installation and the matching with the grain container are problem-free as well.
So, get a solar panel, grain container, and a varmint guard. With all these plus the American Hunter Sun Slinger, you can feed the deer on your property for many years to come!