This Moultrie MFHP12367 All in One Timer Kit Deer Feeder is one of the most popular and highly regarded deer feeder models in the industry, and a closer look at its features can easily explain why so many hunters and animal lovers like to use it. It slings corn all over your feeder area for the deer to eat.
Moultrie MFHP12367 full of modern features that make it a significant upgrade on classic trough designs, yet the price is extremely affordable. If you’re someone who appreciates a no-fuss approach in your gadgets, you’ll certainly appreciate this product.
Features of the Moultrie MFHP12367 Deer Feeder
This is a timer kit deer feeder, and to complete it all you need is a bucket to contain the food it dispenses.
- It comes delivered to your place fully assembled, if you’re going to use this as is. The “assembly” only requires a bucket, and the product even comes with 4 AA batteries.
- You can bolt this to the EZ Fill 30 gallon hopper. It will also work on a 55-gallon drum, and it already has a funnel built in for this purpose.
- The electronics can also be powered by a solar panel, with solar panel connectors. It’s designed to work with the Feeder PowerPanel and the 6v Deluxe Solar Panel. There’s also an external power port.
- The mount is adjustable, and it will determine the distance the corn will travel when the feeder slings it.
- It’s quite durable as well. It uses ABS plastic housing with tough metal for the spin plate and the funnel.
- The timer is very simple to use, and it enables you to spread feed up to 4 times a day. Each time, you can adjust the duration from just 1 second to 20 seconds. A pound of feed requires about 6 seconds. There’s also a test button to let you find out how much feed it dispenses over time.
- It can hold up to 40 pounds of corn. So, if you use this for 6 seconds each day, that’s more than 5 weeks of use before you need to refill your feeder.
It’s easy enough to recognize the advantages of using this timer kit deer feeder to feed the deer in your property.
- There are no assembly problems to worry about. You can fill an entire library with reviews about how certain gadgets are difficult to assemble, and countless people have learned to fear any label that reads “assembly required”. Since this product is preassembled, you can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Setting this up doesn’t really take long. You can just mount it, and then set the timer. All you need to do is set the day, month, and year, along with the time of day you want the feeder spinner to activate. You can have it go up to 4 times a day, and you can set different durations for each activation.
- The timer is simple, digital, and keeps accurate time. You won’t need to adjust the time at all.
- It doesn’t really use up a lot of power, so you won’t go through your batteries quickly. You can use lithium batteries for this product, and a single set can last for 4 months — as the advertisement claims.
- Because it can work reliably for more than a month, it saves you from having to fill it up to frequently. It’s not a good idea to approach a feeder too often, as your scent can keep the deer away.
- It’s fun that you can also use this with a solar panel. In today’s environmentally conscious world, that’s always a bonus.
- You can attach this kit to any bucket size.
- It can last for a very long time, even outdoors. It won’t rust at all.
- You can hang this high enough so that varmints such as squirrels can’t get at the feed.
- You still need to be very careful about how you set up this product. In some cases, you may have the feed slung very close to the feeder so it forms a very small area for the deer to feed in. This can lead to some scuffles that may result in injuries to the deer, and some deer may not be able to feed because of the lack of space.
In many ways, this Moultrie MFHP12367 is just about ideal for newbie deer feeders. It really helps that it doesn’t need any sort of assembly, but if you’re into DIY you can bolt this to different-sized buckets to see which works best for you. You can choose to use solar panels as well.
What’s impressive is that this thing works reliably, and soon enough you’ll have lots of deer gathered around your feed station. It works without any sort of fuss, and for those of us who are busy, this really minimizes the trouble that comes with feeding the deer.